Saturday, July 30, 2005

My fears and apprehensions about teaching kind of assuaged!!

Here I was .....an inexperienced ,a mere amateur or novice at TEACHING which is hailed as one of the most noble professions of the world!!!!......my first class , I thought will be an absolute disaster of sorts!!!.........
Strung out, spooked, hacked, jumpy,choked and highly vulnerable ...these were some of the feelings I went through when I faced my students for the very first time!!!!!!..

Inspite of being in such dire straits I believed in only one thing!!.......I told myself that if I am not honest about myself , if I am not candid about my abilities(for examples my strenghts and weaknesses) my students are going to call the bluff!!!!!!!!!..........

Therefore only with this in mind I faced my class and more importantly survive the experience and have not regreted a moment of it!!!!!!!!!....Of course I do thank my students for accepting me for the person I am!!!!.....

I will be looking forward to a very insightful, growth-oriented experience in my class rooms!!..

4 Comments:

Blogger anitha said...

I think every new educator experiences the same. Learning to teach and becoming a good and a better teacher is a long time process. In aditi environment i'am sure that we will succeed some time or the other

3:42 AM  
Blogger Marshwiggle23 said...

that is a good post. you write in a very lively way and i enjoyed reading your stuff. you're going to be great teacher in the future.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Tara Kini said...

Anu, is that the lesson you came running to tell me about? Or were you referring to another psychology lesson? Do you think you could write about the lesson - what and how did you teach and what made you feel good? Yes, the context was that it was your first lesson and that emotion was overpowering. But what made you feel the kids received you well? Could you elaborate on that and explain whether that had anything to do with what you were teaching -the content?

10:51 AM  
Blogger Joel Kribairaj said...

Anupama
Being honest is key to success

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home